Welcome to the Playroom at 14 Peonystreet!

This blog started in the "playroom". That's what DH calls artwork- playing. Wish I could live in the "playroom" forever.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Are You Ready for the Oscars? Camellia Is!

Camellia
~~~
I have this fascination with fashion, and it reaches it's peak around the Oscar's.

The creation of my folk art doll, "Camellia", is an expression of that fascination.  I could never wear these dresses, I'm not that 36-24-36 kind of gal, but this lady can sure wear it!

She's pink and sassy, with a boatneck neckline, held together over the shoulder with bits of velvet.  Her belt. . .

. . .is a fragment of a fancy trim, circa 1950's, from Dottie Rose' sewing trims;
her dress fabric a shiny pink, satin-like, also from Dottie. 

Dress back.  

Now lets look at that headdress!

A variety of cotton and brocade- can you recognize
the Kaffe Fassett print?  The center is a button from a bygone
article of clothing.

She's also wearing a "pearl" necklace and earrings from Dottie's old jewelry collection.  This is why "Camellia, Going to the Oscars" is not for sale.
~~~
Camellia in her evening dress.

Back view.

Headdress.

Latino Camellia, "Mi Corazon".

Headdress.
~~~
Dressed to go out for the evening, in nothing I could ever wear.  I live on a farm, in the country.  So I live through Camellia vicariously.  She can go anywhere!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin